In pursuit of healing the Swadhyay Parivar: An anonymous and constructive space to generate dialogue, encourage open-minded critical thinking/discussion, and find creative ways to continue the revolutionary philosophy and spirit of Swadhyay.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Be Nirbhay! Why are we hiding?

Jay Yogeshwar.

I do not have any doubt that you set up this blog with good and noble intentions. A constructive dialogue is always healthy and I sincerely hope that your blog will not degenerate into the hands of likes of Pankaj Trivedi who had openly stated that "I have seen a Dedh-garoli falling into Doodh-pak and it is my responsibility to spill the Doodh-pak".

However, I do not agree it should be anonymous in order to be useful. I take 180-degree view. It should only allow posting from people who are willing to put their name behind their opinion. Didn't Dadaji teach us to be "Nirbhay"?

I am a Swadhyayee since my childhood. I love Swadhyay but at the same time there are always things that I do not necessarily agree with and I share my disagreement at all levels. It is not a problem as long as my conscience is clear.

However, the problem would arise if I do not understand that (a) there are issues which I may not fully understand. For people like us sitting in comfort of our home overseas we do not realize the day-to-day issues/challenges that Didi has to face dealing everyday with people at all level right from the interiors of India to people overseas and (b) Our Parivar consists of Millions of people. It is just not possible that Parivar be run according to wishes / whims / fancies of each and everyone - no matter how great the idea that may be because at the end of the day everything need to be balanced.

In this trying time - we need to have faith in Pujya Dadaji's decision to pass the leadership to Didi. All said and done - someone else in Didi's position would have fled by now but she has stood firm. She is also learning every day (like everyone else) and we need to stand by her.

I would be more than happy to contribute to your blog if it is not anonymous.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would agree with the poster of this, hopefully we will get to a point where everyone is willing to share. However, it is important to recognize that *most* if not all Swadhyayees are fearful of genuinely sharing their thoughts - maybe some time that allows us to share anonymously is a step towards Swadhyayees recognizing that there is little consequence to free thinking - in fact, the more critical thinking we practice, the stronger the Swadhyay Parivar.

12:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poster said this site is not fot taking sides, but he/she did take a side and that too anonymously. Sincerity at all levels in life makes one a human being God loves us to be. Telling something and doing something else will NOT work any more in Swadhyay Parivar any more.

7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home